Happy New Year’s Eve everybody! I cannot believe that 2018 has come to an end – what a year it has been! In a way, this is sort of a blog post to myself. My 2018 didn’t get off to a great start. I had completely lost myself and was a little depressed, to be honest. Now that I am reflecting over the year that has passed, I have come to realise how far I have actually come. I usually don’t mention my down times on the online world; However, my life isn’t always as light and airy as my Instagram feed appears – so don’t be fooled! What matters the most is how much I have grown as a person over the past year and the amazing things that I have achieved.
Overall, I have achieved much more than I could ever have ever imagined this year. Some of the highlights are listed below to give you a bit of insight and an overall round-up of my year.
- I celebrated my 20th birthday!
- I have stepped out of my comfort zone and challenged myself more.
- I completed my second year of University with a high 2:1.
- I completed a 1-month Internship in Beijing, China and met friends for life along the way.
- I have partied really hard over the Summertime with my amazing Best Friends.
- In total, I have managed to travel to 5 different countries this year including Spain, China, Cyprus, Germany and the Netherlands.
- I have attended some amazing blogging events and met some lovely bloggers too!
- I started my Placement Year as a Junior Accountant
- I got to work with so many amazing brands such as: John Lewis, Look Fantastic, Cadbury, Dermalogica, Grow Gorgeous and many more!
- I got my first paying #ad on Instagram!
There is so much more that I have done and achieved throughout 2018 that I haven’t mentioned on the list above. But, reading back through the list I am actually quite surprised at the amount of amazing stuff I have managed to achieve this year, blimey.
In 2019, I am ready to finally believe in myself. As cliché as this may sound, it is something I haven’t done for almost all of my life. I have always doubted my ability to achieve amazing things and even once I have achieved something amazing, I am still in doubt with myself about it all. It was only a few weeks ago that I had the epiphany that I needed to ultimately believe in myself in order to achieve many more amazing things in the New Year.
2019 Goal Setting
As 2018 was such a huge year of growth for me I want to achieve even more in 2019. I have listed below some of the goals that I aim to achieve in 2019, this way I can reflect on them by the end of the year.
- As I previously mentioned, believing in myself has definitely got to be at the top of my list!
- To love unconditionally without any expectation in return
- Reach 10,000 followers on Instagram
- Take my blog more seriously and migrate from Blogger to WordPress
- Be consistent with all of my Social Media
- Start a series on YouTube or my blog relating to Business/Finance
- Learn how to trade with real money on the Forex market
- Get out of my student overdraft, lol
- Cut down the amount of time I spend on my phone per day
- Travel, travel, travel!!!
Of course, there are so many more things that I would love to achieve in 2019. So, I have also set out a document which contains a list of my personal SMART goals. These goals are Smart, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely.
I look forward to looking back at this blog post at the end of 2019 and seeing how much I have managed to achieve out of my goals and if not more! I hope this post has been interesting or somewhat useful towards yourself when thinking of your own goals that you would like to achieve in the New Year.
What goals are you hoping to achieve in 2019?
I wish you all a Happy New Year and remember to stay safe!